Last evening, before celebrating the Vigil, I got over to the store to get some Easter candy to share with others -- and myself!
This morning, I felt it my duty to make sure it was all fit to eat. Here's how they stack up...
* Reeses Peanut Butter eggs -- always good! But this year, Reeses has little eggs, too.
* Nestle's Crunch eggs. Mighty tasty!
* Snicker's Eggs -- these are bigger.
* Smucker's jelly beans -- they have both some that are sweeter, and some that are more sour.
* Here's a Cincinnati specialty: Papa's chocolate covered eggs. I found coconut, mint, cherry, french cream, opera cream; I think they have pineapple too, but I didn't see it.
* No Peeps! I looked and looked! Who'd've thought they'd be in short supply. Also no chocolate-covered marshmallow eggs! Apparently, there's a marshmallow shortage, and the mainstream media can't be bothered to report it! (Y'all who have Peeps: you do know about the microwave thing, don't you?)
* They did have chocolate bunnies, but I don't really care for those. They also have chocolate crosses, which is a nice idea.
* And the final indignity: no robin's eggs! (I.e., chocolate covered malted milk eggs, with a candy coating!) These are my favorites! O, tempora! O, mores!
What candy did you find waiting for you this morning?