Sunday, January 20, 2008

No blogging till Wednesday

...because I'm headed to Washington, D.C., very early tomorrow, for the March for Life. I'm flying, and unless I change my mind, I don't plan to bring my laptop--I don't need it.

Our bishops have declared Jan. 22 a day of fasting and prayer for reparation of sins against human life. I hope everyone will join with this time of prayer and action, in whatever fashion you can, either by coming if you can, or joining a demonstration or prayer vigil somewhere, attending Mass, making sacrifices, and praying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father

Have a safe trip. Dress warmly. It will be cold here.

Mon 32 hi 20's low
Tues 40's hi 20's low chance of rain.

Anonymous said...

Hi Father Martin,
I will keep you and all those with you in prayer while you're in DC. No mention of anything similar here in Canada.

God bless,
Patricia Gonzalez

the Joneses said...

I was there. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

It was the nicest weather I've seen for the march (I've only been going for 3 years now).

beez said...

Father,

While I didn't see you at the March or Masses, I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did. The vigil Mass for life was beautiful at the Basilica and the Youth Rally and Mass was also great. (Although, we were in so many different locations, TC, the Marian Scholasticate and the Franciscan Monastery among others that we only got onto the floor about half an hour before Mass.

Thanks to you, all the priests and the many bishops you attended and concelebrated.