Monday, October 03, 2011

What a priest's weekend looks like...

Saturday:

9 am confessions; I was in the confessional till around 10:15 am.

Grabbed some breakfast on the way back to the rectory at the other parish. Made some phone calls after breakfast to take care of some parish business.

Watched a little football! Not often able to do that. But I'd gotten my homily finished earlier in the week.

Mass at 4 pm.

Retired priest and I went to dinner after Mass--he had a gift certificate a parishioner had given him. We had a chance to talk for first time in a week, even though we live in the same house.

This wasn't too bad a day; many Saturdays feature meetings with couples, more time on the phone, writing my homily, or other running around.

Sunday:

9 am Mass

Breakfast after Mass. Chance to pray the office.

Noon Mass

Quick lunch; joined Life Chain in Troy

Back to parish around 3:15-3:30, brief break before 5 pm Mass. (I prayed my office at the Life Chain.)

After 5 pm Mass, I thought (erroneously) I was finished for the day. Went to area restaurant for dinner.

Remembered I was supposed to join youth group; drove back, arrived a little late to happy faces all around.

Had dinner around 8:30 pm.

Finished for the evening? Not so: call from hospital around 12:30 am; back from hospital around 2 am.

Today's my day off; I only had two emails and phone calls regarding parish business.

2 comments:

truthfinder2 said...

Thank you for all you do!

Terri said...

Ditto!