Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Walking to the ballgame

Last night, for the first time in my life, I walked from home to the Reds park.

When you live on Mount Adams, it's not that hard.

I got a call yesterday: a priest friend of mine, along with some of his friends had some tickets; could I come? You bet! I had an appointment at 6 pm, and a quick exchange of emails, and the couple graciously agreed to meet me at 5:30 pm.

No time to change from my clerics; no problem. The guys met me at 6:30 at Holy Cross-Immaculata, and we decided to walk to the park; and catch a taxi or two back home.

First time I walked down the steps; not a problem! In a few minutes, we were at Adam's Landing, just a few yards from the river, and not a bad walk to the park. A lot of fans park in this area.

Too bad the Reds didn't do so well last night; but it was a fun evening. Ten dollars for taxi fare got all six of us back to the hill around 10 pm; after a little refreshments, some of the guys had to head home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that's why the reds didn't win :).
Just kidding. I'm glad you all had a great time. Maybe next time you can bring home a winner.
Take care,
Eileen