Wednesday, July 22, 2015

With God's Holy People in Steubenville

This week, I am attending a conference on Scripture at Franciscan University in Steubenville; two conferences, actually. Yesterday and today, I'm attending a "Journey Through Scripture" conference, which is really intended as an introduction to the Bible; then, beginning tonight, we have several days digging into Philippians. So, since the JTS program involved just an extra day, I figured I would check it out. 

There are several tracks: one on prayer, one on Mary, and others; I'm attending "the Bible and the Mass." How is it? Very good, although much is familiar. I think I am the only priest here, unless one of the brothers is undercover. Most of the folks seem to be active parishioners and some are catechists. The goal of this program is to equip laypeople to lead these bible studies in their parishes. At this point, I can give an enthusiastic thumbs up.

No comments: