Friday, October 30, 2015

Lots cookin' today...

Can you figure out what I'm preparing here?


How about now?


Another hint...


Why yes, it does smell good...


Figured it out yet? (By the way, there are hints of later things in this picture. I cooked more than one thing today...)


Wait, what?


This couldn't all be the same thing, could it?


Yes, this is definitely a second thing...


So what did I make?

1) I made some Neopolitan Ragu (that was the first five pictures).

2) Then I made six chicken-noodle casseroles; four for St. Vincent de Paul, the remainder for me. (That was the last few pictures.)

But was that enough? Oh no!

3) I decided to bake a cake. (Hints in pictures above.)

4) And now I have dinner to make. I got some tuna steaks from Krogers I'm going to grill in about an hour. They are marinating in olive oil at the moment. (I've never cooked these, so I'm using this recipe. We'll see what comes of it!)

5 (Oh, and I forgot...there was chicken broth left over from cooking the noodles; so I had some frozen chicken innards and leftover bones in the freezer, so I threw them into a pot with the leftover broth, and cooked that a couple of hours. That's now in the freezer.

If I feel up to it, I'll snap a picture of the sauce when I go into pull the cake out of the oven. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Halloween! Thank you for posting about your cooking.

Jenny said...

Wow, you went all out with that cook-a-thon!! Good on you, Father!
BTW, have you "seen" or heard from rcg lately? I've been missing his comments here an on another blog for several weeks now...

rcg said...

This is one of my favourite type of posts, especially with the destination of the delicious chicken being a person who will really appreciate it.

Jenny said...

There you are, rcg! Good to "see" you!!

rcg said...

Yes! New phone is having operator issues.