Saturday, January 12, 2019

Snowy in Russia (Ohio)

It's finally snowing in Russia. That is, today is the first real snowfall of the winter; we had a little in December. This looks to be several inches. So many times the weather channel threatens snow -- and everyone on Facebook gets worked up! -- and it fizzles. No fizzle here.

No problem here, either. Folks in these parts don't intimidate easily; certainly not at snow. Saturday morning Mass was about the same number of folks, including older folks who have every legitimate excuse to stay home on a day like this; and no one but me had to be there. Still, they came!

After a busy morning, I decided to take a walk. I was delayed by a headache with my voice mail. It seems that if you call the emergency number, and it starts recording a message, even the sound of hanging up counts as a "message"; and then the office voicemail calls my cell phone over and over. I fixed it.

This is a monument to one of my predecessors, Father Didier in the cemetery (two of my predecessors are buried here). It usually has a large crucifix on it, but that was taken down so the stone capping this monument -- which is badly cracked -- can be replaced. The cross itself is also being repaired.



Mine are the only footsteps I find in the snow...




A view of St. Remy:



Bushurs' Market is in full operation; I stop in to say hi. Steaks on sale!



As I sat down to write this post, I heard some loud thumps from outside. It's the company that clears our parking lots. They are very reliable! Alas, I suspect I'll hear those thumps again at 5:30 tomorrow morning, but I'm grateful all the same.

And here's me, with some hot tea, finishing this post...


After posting this last pic, I examined it closely to be sure nothing embarrassing or confidential appeared! I didn't find anything; but you may find some curiosities, if you care to ask...

Update 2 minutes later...

I decided to take this picture:


Which led to this picture...


Can I achieve more repetition of the images? My gears are working...

One more:


I suppose I could keep going with this, but I have better things to do, and anyway, the tea is gone. I'll "have to go" soon, in more ways than one...

No comments: