Friday, February 03, 2006

I got tagged four ways

The Lady in the Pew "tagged" me to participate in this . . . thing -- what do you call it? A game? Anyway, I'm supposed to answer a series of questions, post it, and then subject four other unfortunates...

Four jobs I've had (in chronological order):

1. Paperboy
2. Journalist
3. Men's clothing salesman
4. Political operative

Four movies I watch over and over again (in order of quality):

1. The Godfather
2. "It's a Wonderful Life"
3. The Big Sleep
4. Dude, Where's My Car?


Four places I've lived (in chronological order):

1. Cincinnati, Ohio
2. Greater Washington, D.C. (Northern Virginia)
3. Fort Wayne, Indiana (for a summer)
4. Suwon, (South) Korea (for a month)
5. Dayton, Ohio
6. Piqua, Ohio

(Yeah, I know, I gave too many; report me!)

Four shows I watch (in order of frequency):

1. "Special Report" with Brit Hume
2. The Situation with Tucker Carlson
3. The West Wing
4. Mythbusters

Four places I've vacationed (in order of frequency):

1. Outer Banks, North Carolina
2. New York City
3. Rome, Italy
4. Gyeongju, Korea

Four web sites I visit daily (besides my own):

Dappled Things
OpenBook
RealClearPolitics
Ten Reasons

Four of my favorite foods:

Beer
Steak
Brownies
Skyline Chili
(A complete meal!)

Four places I'd like to be right now:

Someplace I've never been (only briefly, if it's awful)
Someplace sunny, warm and exotic
Eating Oysters at the Union Street Public House in Alexandria Virginia
Soaking in a jacuzzi with music playing, and several favorite foods and beers with easy reach.

Four people I'm tagging:

The first four people who read this and want to participate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jobs - only ever had one - teacher

Movies - no particular order -
1. La Strada
2. Brief Encounter
3. Harvey
4. A Midsummer Night's Dream - the black and white one with Mickey Rooney

The places I've lived (in chronological order):
1. Sydney NSW
2. Melbourne VIC


I don't watch TV now but when I did I liked English detective shows.

I've never been on a holiday/vacation.

4 websites other than bonfire:
1. Dappled Things
2. Open Book
3. Dreadnought
4. Insight Scoop

Food
1. Roast Chicken
2. Seafood Lasagne
3. Pastitsio
4. Chips

Four places I'd like to be right now:

1. I'd like to be able to step back into the 1950's at will.
2. A beautiful English village
3. In a beach house right on the beach.
4. At a dinner party with friends

Anonymous said...

Four Jobs

1.formica factory work as teenager.
2.US Air Force
3.Service Engineer in Radiology
4.Sales in healthchare eqpt and software

movies

1. The Passion of The Christ
2. Gone with the Wind
3. Its a Wonderful Life
3. The Passion of The Christ
4. Saving Private Ryan

places I've lived

1. Cincinnati
2. Sacramento
3. Mission Viejo Calif
4. Adana Turkey
5. Columbus
6. Dayton

Four Shows I watch

1. Journey Home EWTN
2. World Over EWTN
3. Notre Dame football
4. Old movies

places I've vactioned

1. Hawaii
2. Carribean multip times and places
3. Oregon/Seattle
4. San Francisco and up coast
5. DisneyWorld and DisneyLand
6. Germany/London/Belgium/Holland

websites I visit daily

1. The Anchoress
2. Ten Reasons
3. Michelle Malkin
4. Power Line
5. Scrappleface
6. SternOnline

Favorite Food

1. Montgomery Inn Ribs
2. Greaters Ice Cream
3. Skyline Chili
4. German food at Haufbrau House

Places I would like to visit

1. Rome
2. Ireland
3. Medjugorje/ Lourdes / Fatima
4. Yosemite for the 5th time


4.

Anonymous said...

Thought I would pass on a sample from Scrappleface in case you have not seen the site.

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2168

This site really has a unique talent to see humor in almost anything in the news.

It helps someone like me who sometimes gets just a tad to preachy and judgemental.