Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted...

I wouldn't really take time to post now, except I'm waiting for a phone call back. What I really need to do right now is make calls; except I keep missing someone's call, so...I wait.

My homily for Palm Sunday was brief, which it always is that day. Most of the priests I know give very brief homilies. Of course, in a less time-conscious culture, it might be a great day to give a fuller homily...but there it is.

My homily made these points:

> This week is so important, please make time; pray for God to help you. Let us pray for each other in that regard.

> If you thought you missed a chance to go to confession, we'll have confessions Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, and twice on Good Friday and Holy Saturday.

> I shared a passage from the Office of Readings for last Saturday, which invited us to think of ourselves as the Good Thief, or Joseph of Arimathea, etc.

As you might imagine, I'm busy these days. Not just Holy Week details.

No comments: