Tuesday, December 26, 2006

And now, another exciting episode of, As the Stomach Turns

...Actually, I'm feeling much better today. Thanks to all for prayers and good wishes.

I was actually able to eat something yesterday--a couple of biscuits and some soup, plus some liquids -- that's it, all day. Hmmm . . . could be a diet . . . I don't recommend it.

A parishioner who had invited me to dinner brought by a care package of some prime rib and potatoes, but I didn't touch it, I saved it for today. By the end of the day yesterday, I was getting bored, a very good sign.

When I went to bed, I turned off my alarm; naturally, of course, I woke up at 6:30 am! Oh well! I did sleep pretty well.

My stomach does feel a little delicate still, so no feasting yet. But I'm glad to be back almost to normal (or as I near as I ever get).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fr. Fox,

Hope you continue to feel better today. You'll continue to be in my prayers.

OK - so now the Mom in me comes out - Hot Tea and Toast - great way to break in a stomach after having 'issues'.

Merry Christmas!! Luckily you have many, many days to celebrate Christmas - good thing your Catholic or you'd be taking the tree down and have to wait a whole year more.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Father, not you too!! Sorry to hear about your gastric ills, and in concert with Jackie, I'd also recommend tea/toast as a great remedy. Thank God for the Twelve Days -- we don't have to pack it in at just the one feast. Get well soon!

Regards,
Patricia Gonzalez

Rich Leonardi said...

Can this sort of ailment be transferred online?

I'm running a slight fever and have a handful of pleasant flu-like symptoms. Unlike you, though, I've had the luxury this week of laying low.

Glad you're feeling better, Fr. Fox.