Thursday, December 28, 2006

A light day of work

During Christmas Week, one parish habitually closed its office; when the two parishes combined offices, it made sense to extend that to both parishes. After what is always a very busy Advent and end-of-year, everyone needs and deserves a break, including the pastor.

But I still had work to do. Yesterday I had an appointment at 4, confessions at 5, Mass at six, Bible study at 7. Today at 10:30 I had Mass at one of the nursing homes, then I met the parishioner who is coordinating the work on the rectory at St. Mary, where the vicar lives now, and -- after the work is done, I will too. Then to the hospital, then to the office for a couple of hours. And home before six!

Tomorrow, after an early Mass, I'll drive down to Cincinnati to visit some friends, and come back on Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to breathe.

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your visit home...I'm glad you're feeling better too...God bless!