Monday, June 25, 2012

New chapter, new blog name?

I created this blog when I arrived as pastor in Piqua. To be honest, I was bored one night, and on a lark created a blog. When the set-up program asked me for a name, I had no idea what to type; so I typed in the name of a favorite novel and didn't give it another thought.

Nor did I give much thought to how long this project would last or what direction it would take. Now, seven years later, as my time in Piqua draws to a close, folks have asked: are you going to keep up your blog?

Well, it never occurred to me not to keep it up. I enjoy it, it seems to serve a purpose and I do hope posting my homilies and other thoughts does some good for someone. So, for the time being, I'll keep it going.

But maybe a new name?

For some time I've thought the vanities I've been casting into the bonfire were my own--that's a good description of being a pastor. Beyond that, I'm not sure the title makes much sense. But then, perhaps it doesn't have to.

Anyway, what do you think? New name? And if so, any nominations?

5 comments:

David L Alexander said...

"For some time I've thought the vanities I've been casting into the bonfire were my own--that's a good description of being a pastor."

That's probably still true, so I'd keep it. Maybe a slight tweaking of the color scheme. That sometimes gives a hint of changing seasons. Sort of like leaves do, right?

truthfinder2 said...

I agree with David. Perhaps after you come to Cincinnati, another title will suggest itself. -- Rosemary

Nissa Annakindt said...

There's a good case to be made for keeping a blog name your readers have grown accustomed to. I mean, my own blog name is kind of thoughtless- 'The Lina Lamont Fan Club' for a blog which has nothing to do with Lina Lamont or old movies. But 'Bonfire of the Vanities' is a pretty cool name, though I'll follow you no matter what you call it. I just won't remember who you are. ;)

Robert said...

Fr Fox

I read it almost every day - so hope you keep it - I like the current name since I tell people to google Bonfire of Vanities - Fr Fox

timh said...

That was no lark; it was the Holy Spirit.
Keep the blog.
Keep the name.
God bless.