The headline above will take you to an article in the Washington Post about this story, which has been bubbling up for some time.
Will this finally awaken those who were fooled by George Bush?
* George Bush wasn't 100% prolife when he ran in 2000.
* He has done the bare minimum, legislatively and executively.
* "But what about his Supreme Court nominations?" What about them? We don't know how they'll rule, now do we? Even if they rule right, don't forget Harriet Miers. Anyway, Roberts was a stealthy candidate; Miers was chosen, because Roberts wasn't stealthy enough; and he chose Alito after Miers blew up in his face -- he is, we hope, the anti-Kennedy (remember 1987?).
* "But what about baby-killing stem-cell research?" Yeah -- he was the first to allow it to be funded with our tax dollars--didn't you know that? Yes, he did hold the line. Good for him. But now, he's putting baby-killing pills on the street, without even a prescription.
Sorry, but certain folks have this coming: I told you so.*
* Update: that may seem ungracious. The "certain folks" I mean are those who, during the past few years either (a) knew Bush wasn't solid on prolife and minimized it, and (b) those who didn't simply disagree on this subject, but did so aggressively and even abusively. I can't count the number of times I was accused of wrecking all that's good and decent, because I refused to vote for Bush.
To those folks I say: Don't blame me for abortion pills being as free as aspirin--your guy did it. I voted for Paroutka!