Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Playing bingo at the office

People wonder how a priest spends his day. One of them is playing online (free) bingo . . .

Now, before you laugh or shake your head at that, I will explain.

We have a bingo; it generates needed income to the parish. Unless I replace that income, I must look for ways to make it more successful . . .

Which leads me to want to create some promotions; only I have no idea how one promotes bingos...which leads me to wonder how others do it . . .

Which leads me to look on the Internet for bingo operations, see what they do and--here is why I signed up for (free) bingo--get on their mailing list!

Yes, that's correct -- I actually want to get on their list--I want to see how they promote their bingos . . .

So I spent about 15 minutes googling bingo and signing up for a free account. And I came really close to winning, too . . .

1 comment:

DP said...

Practice makes perfect I guess.

I stopped by the nearby parish church this evening to pray and was shocked when I came out and found the normally empty parking lot overflowing. Ah yes, I forgot. . . Wednesday night is Bingo night. I don't have a problem with Bingo although it does seem sad (and wrong) to me that more people show up for Bingo than for Sunday morning Mass.