Saturday, February 17, 2007

I remain non-award-winning


The Catholic Blog Awards have come and gone without me.

I was nominated in several categories, which was flattering; I was certainly curious to see what would come of that. (Imagine drumroll beginning in the background...)

Many blogmeisters whose work was nominated encouraged their readers to vote; I was tempted to do likewise, but decided not to. While it would be nice to win an award, I decided it didn't matter to me, and I didn't want to tempt myself into wanting it or caring about it. None of that changes whether this blog is worthwhile...or not.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yes, those awards... (Drumroll changes pitch...)

For Best Apologetic Blog, the winner is: Jimmy Akin with 218 votes (I got eight);
For Best Blog by a Clergyman/Religious/Seminarian, What does the Prayer Really Say? with 91 votes (I got 37 votes);
For Best Individual Catholic Blog, Amy Welborn's Open Book with 89 votes (I got 2);
For Best Insider News Catholic Blog, Rocco Palmo's Whispers in the Loggia with 135 votes (I got 5);
For Best Written Blog, Amy Welborn snarfed up another with 53 votes (I wonder how many books she "discounted" to get that? Huh? Huh?); I got four votes;
For Smartest Catholic Blog, Jimmy Akin bought--I mean, "won" another, with 77 votes (I got five votes).

To all my loyal fans, I just want you to notice what happens when you SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER--THE MAN JUST HAS TO SMACK YOU DOWN, BECAUSE THEY JUST CAN'T ALLOW IT TO GO ON...

(Long pause)

(Okay, I'm all right, it's fine, let me type...)

Anyway, um, as I was saying, these things don't even matter, you know? Who cares anyway? I mean, if JIMMY AKIN AND AMY WELBORN AND THAT FATHER Z -- DOES ANYBODY EVEN KNOW IF HE'S REALLY A PRIEST?! EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON! I MEAN, THE LIES, THE PAYOFFS, IT'S A DISGRACE! WAIT! I'M NOT FINISHED! I'VE GOT A LOT MORE TO SAY! IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE TOLD THE REAL TRUTH HERE...

(Scuffling noises; keyboard clatters to the floor)

Um...hello? Father Martin should be back after awhile; the medics are gonna give him some kind of shot. Bye for now.

(Pause)

(Pause)

Hey...this is kinda neat! Can, uh, maintenance guys have blogs too? ("GET OFF MY BLOG!") Um, gotta go...

14 comments:

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

NOw if you had done something like that during the sweeps maybe you would have won for Funniest- then again maybe you should be happy being a much favoured priest of your parish.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Glad I wasn't taking a sip of my hot tea when I read that!

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Of course, you could always steal Bob Hope's line, "Welcome to the Oscars. Or as they're known at my house, Passover." :)

Congratulations on nominations in several categories.

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Father: Maybe next year there will be a category for Best Blog by an Insane Clery/Religious/Seminarian. You'll be a lock for that one after this rant,er, post.

:-)

Congratulations on your nomination. As a nominee you get a button for your blog.

Anonymous said...

Uh, I don't spend alot of time on the computer or read other blogs than this one,so I was completely unaware of the competition factor or that there was a vote taken! How did other people know about that?
Annie

Jean Heimann said...

LOL!

Congratulations on your nominations.

You're still a winner in God's eyes.

Anonymous said...

Father, I voted for you!
Your blog is still great and I love reading about your daily life. It makes me appreciate the priesthood so much more!
BTW... Fr.Z is a real priest, he's celebrated Mass at my parish several times :)

Anonymous said...

ROFL father.

Mara Joy said...

Father, I really respect that you didn't ask people to vote for you, although I'm sure that would have gotten you a lot more votes!

...but...that doesn't really matter, now, does it?

Fr Martin Fox said...

Mara Joy:

I figured, if I won something without lobbying for votes, that would be nicer.

Father Schnippel said...

At least you got nominations! :tears: :crying:

Tracy said...

Aww Father, you're still MY favorite blogger priest. Next year, get some of your loyal fans to be your campaign manangers. I'll do it, and I promise not to type anything scadalous or disgraceful or vulgar while working for you!

God Bless,
Tracy

Kasia said...

For what it's worth, Father, I voted for you in at least one category. At least, I'm pretty sure I did...that ballot was REALLY long...and the hanging chads were a NIGHTMARE!

:-)

And hey - you got nominated, which is more than I can claim for myself. Good on you for that!

Oh - and while I haven't met Father Z personally, I do have it on good authority that he *is* in fact a priest (and not just Maria's authority). :-)

Feel better after your rest with the men in the clean white coats...

Kasia said...

By the way, Father, I will definitely be sending you that lamb-shaped butter mold now. Consider it your blog award! ;-) I mean, do you really think Jimmy Akin has one of THOSE?!