Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A brief report

Sorry my posts have been infrequent. It's been very busy lately, plus I haven't been feeling well, and I've been very tired. Yesterday I did very little except rest, and that helped.

My homily this past weekend was about baptism. I highlighted a little about the first reading, about Noah: you have to look closely at the passage in Genesis, but if you do, you'll see that the Almighty sends Noah to get additional animals at one point. Why would there be unanticipated space on the ark? Perhaps God hoped more people would seek refuge than the eight who did. (Father Tim Schehr at the seminary makes this point.)

I spoke about the folks preparing for baptism, and the Rite of Election that happened Sunday for them. I spoke about the reason the folks came to our parishes seeking Christ; it was because they saw or experienced Christ in us. I referred to an article I read about at Rich Leonardi's site, about the rarity of mass conversions. And I talked about continuing to share our faith to draw more people to the Lord.

Time did not allow me last week to write out my homily, so that's from memory.

Today I'm trying to handle some paperwork; alas, I've got a killer headache, so I'm not moving very fast.

7 comments:

Father Schnippel said...

There was also a short note in Genesis that God waited seven days after the Ark was completed before sending the flood.

God is always disposed to our salvation.

Barb said...

A prayer going up that you feel better soon, Father.

The Woman of the House said...

Hope you feel better soon Father. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your swift recovery, and for a gift of extra energy! Try to rest more, because that can boost your immune system and prevent other ailments and viruses from setting in.
Annie

EC Gefroh said...

Father, hope and pray that you are feeling better soon.

Afro Seminarian said...

Take care of yourself!!!!!

madame evangelista said...

I pray you feel better soon, and can find more time to rest. God bless x