Monday, July 25, 2005

Call her 'Progressella'


Picture the scene...

The wicked Stepfather, Benedict, has just left
after giving poor, progressive Cinderella a tongue-lashing. She labors away, unappreciated, finding it so hard to keep hope alive!

And then, a song rises in her heart...

Someday, my Council will come!
Some day we'll have women priests!
And how thrilling that moment will be
To contracept at will and so free!

A new pope to see things my way
Oh, for that new day!
Women priests and gays married true;
Oh, Vatican III, I have high hopes for you!

Though every voice tells me no,
The New York Times says it's so;
How can it be out of range--
Doesn't God know it's time for a change?

Some day my Council will come
Somewhere waiting for me
There a god I'm longing to see
And it's me! Me! MEEEEE!

(posted at Amy Wellborn's Open Book by yours truly...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a great song! :D Bit unfair to Cinderella, though. I'm enjoying all the old posts here near the beginning of your blog!