Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Don't hold your fire

You may notice I post many of my homilies.

I hope no visitor feels constrained from commenting, either positively or negatively. I would love your feedback. In the business world, savvy entrepreneurs know: feedback is pure gold. (I want to ask parishioners, when they compliment my homilies after Mass, what stood out--but sometimes that's a little intimidating.)

You may perhaps wonder how I came to take the direction I did, or why I made a particular point, and not another. Ask away.

In last Sunday's homily, I chose not to do much with the Gospel, which might strike some as odd. (I did say a little more than the text indicates, just briefly referencing the feeding of the many thousands.) Feel free to ask me why, but I'd ask that you read the homily first.

No comments: